Located on Brighton Rod in Corona Del Mar, an exclusive neighborhood in the heart of Newport Beach, California, the sprawling Portabello Estate was eventually sold in late 2010 for $34.1 million, less than half the original $75 million asking price!
This spectacular 22,000 square-foot oceanfront residence features eight bedrooms (2,000 square foot master bedroom), ten bathrooms (plus five half-baths), and two saltwater pools surrounded by 3-storey high grotto cliffs!
For the price, you also get a 2-lane bowling alley with shoe and ball “rental” area, a state-of-the-art movie theater with marquee, powder rooms, stage and ticket booth, Jewelry “store” ideal for the display of family heirlooms and an automotive museum including climate/pressure control and lighting to display up to 12 collectible cars!
Would you feel at home in this house?
- Three oceanfront lots create private, nearly one acre site with private beach cove access,
- One of a handful of landmark “trophy” homes, noteworthy seascape-inspired design,
- Tremendous ocean, whitewater, Catalina and coastline views – from nearly every room,
- 22,000 square foot residence built with commercial strength post and beam construction,
- Additional 8,000 square feet of covered terraces and garaging,
- 8 bedrooms,
- 10 baths, 5 half baths,
- Garaging for 16 cars (4 up, 12 down, with lift),
- Smart Home entirely automated at the touch of a button with every technological amenity for privacy, security, convenience, comfort and entertainment (including commercial elevator),
- 2,000 square-foot master suite with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths,
- 2-bedroom, 2 bath guest suite with sitting room and mini kitchen suite,
- Separate guest casita,
- Three-story central seascape grotto featuring 2 saltwater swimming pools, 2 spas, tunnel waterslide, waterfall features, barbeque area and bathroom,
- Grand-scale living areas, including main level living room, dining room, family room and pool house lounge,
- State-of-the-art open kitchen,
- Full fitness facilities, including professional cardio and weight equipment, Pilates reformer, steam room, bathroom and locker room,
- Executive office with oceanfront views, burl wood cabinetry, leather floors and walls,
- Custom furnishings and exquisite rare and exotic finishes throughout.
Use arrow buttons or j/k/arrow keys to navigate through the articles