The Royal Penthouse II by Coco Republic Interior Design
By Eric • Jun 25, 2012 • Selected Work
Australian studio Coco Republic Interior Design has completed the interior of this extensive three bedroom penthouse located in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia.
The Royal Penthouse II by Coco Republic Interior Design:
“The impressive floor plan of this three bedroom penthouse located right on Newcastle Beach needed a comprehensive interior fit out that was luxurious, coastal and complementary to the streamline architecture of the building.
Over a 5 month period the Penthouse was transformed into its current state. Soft natural materials of timber, stone, washed linens and jute combined to achieve a light, soft palette that offers easy living, whilst referencing the coastal environment beyond in a harmonious way.
- Soft natural materials; timber, stone, washed linens and jute were used to create a soft, light palette that connects the apartment with it’s outdoor surroundings.
- Soft lines in the interior are reflected in the furniture design choices, all contemporary yet timeless.
- Accessories shelves are used to display natural artefacts, artworks and family photographs.
- A neutral palette with grey, sand and blue accents references the coastal environment outside.
- A mirror above the fireplace in the living room plays with the natural light via the balcony during the day.
- There was a design focus on easy of living, with all rooms designed for comfort and functionality.”
Photos by: Steve Back
Click any photo to see a larger image - Use buttons or j/k/arrow keys to navigate through the articles