The Colville house was originally built in 1902 in dutch colonial. The single-family two story residence is located in the Leschi area of Seattle, Washington.
The owners hired Pb Elemental to completely remodel the house and give it a more contemporary look and feel.
Colville House by Chris Pardo from Pb Elemental:
“The clients had lived in and enjoyed the home for many years but had outgrown both it’s layout (functionality) and size. With a newborn and the possibilities of in-laws stay for extended periods of time Pb was commissioned to reinvision the home into a modern, open and functional space.
The new program included a master suite, mother in law apartment, view decks and a two car garage (plus a complete remodel of all interior spaces).
The new home is broken into two volumes, the lower volume is clad in Corten Steel, the upper volume in bright white stucco…”
More details here.
Photos courtesy of Pb Elemental architecture