Duplex in Saint-Mandé is a project completed by CAIROS Architecture et Paysage in 2015.
The tiny home, measuring 861 square feet, is located in Saint-Mandé, an eastern suburb of Paris, France.
Duplex in Saint-Mandé by CAIROS Architecture et Paysage:
“Total transformation of an old Parisian apartment including the attic in Porte de Vincennes.
This apartment with difficult proportions, being very long and narrow with few openings, was completely redesigned by architect Hélène Reinhard. The design process was developed in direct relationship with the family who will be living there. The original apartment acquired a warm contemporary interior, including generous spaces as well as more intimate atmospheres. The reconstruction by lowering part of the top floor added several square meters of living space in the attic.
Renovation included :
– Demolition and reconstruction of part of the attic floor.
– Creation of a mezzanine overlooking the living room.
– Wall opening for creating a large kitchen with a street side view.
– Room creation with a small built-in bathroom downstairs.
– Creating two “mini-rooms” for children in the attic, like cabins.
– Staircase with built-in cabinet forming a separation between the entry and the living room.”
Photos by: Clément Guillaume