This gallery is located in central London, the capital of England, in the United Kingdom, and was designed by architectural studio Gianni Botsford Architects in 2016, having a private collection of photographs and prints, as well as pastels and lithographs. The five-story building from which it extends dates back to 1770. To achieve this, the architectural firm designed a sequence of screens that created a layered effect over the structure.
Its glass walls permit natural light to flow in and fill the space. In order to avoid the eventuality that light enter the gallery and directly shine over the works of art, it was decided that a number of red curtains would hang along the length of the glass walls. In this way, the protection of the pieces in question was ensured.
The gallery, which has a distribution row, has its internal walls coated in red brick, onto which the pieces were latched for display. In this way, the gallery optimizes its use of (and reduces loss of) space.
On the other side of the gallery, we find various storage compartments, one of which also acts as a toilet.
In another part of the space, we can observe a wooden bench over which a shelf was placed, with a number of picture frames set up in a line.